Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sept 18-19 Traverse City Michigan

MaryAnne and Capt'n Greg




The Crew
I have a cousin who lives in Traverse City Michigan.  I have not seen MaryAnne in at least 10 years, but when I saw her last she said “That if you are ever in the area please be sure to look me up.”  So I did.  The internet is a great thing to find people as long as they are not trying to hide from the law or an ex-spouse.  I found her  telephone number and we eventually connected.  So instead of hanging out in the U.P. we headed south across the Mackinac Bridge down to Traverse City which lies on a large bay.  I have not seen much of MaryAnne as an adult but the few times our paths crossed I always enjoyed her  company, and  this visit was no different.  We got to visit and get up to date on all the relatives, living and dead, and tell stories about them when we were much younger.  It is rare when you can reconnect with a person and comfortably pick up where you left off  especially when its been many years since you have been in contact.  MaryAnne and Greg (her husband)  were great hosts, they let us  drive over their manicured lawn to park the trailer and truck in their backyard. (Hopefully no sprinkler heads broken)  took us sailing on their (Hopefully no sprinkler heads broken)  took us sailing on their yacht and showed us a wonderful time while we were with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment